May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Day 30 - Carpinteria to Malibu, CA

Let me begin by saying that I was way off base on the occupants of most of the other tents at the Carpinteria campground. There were a couple of drug-addled goofballs, but there was also a group of six that had cycled in from Santa Barbara for a one night out and back. I had a fantastic time hanging out, grilling, and drinking with them. So much so that the morning ride was pretty rough. Unfortunately the park did have its issues with petty scumbag thieves as one of the girls in the group had the pannier she left out on the picnic bench stolen overnight. Luckily she had the forethought to remove all valuables from it and it was found a few hundred feet away on the beach. It wasn’t until after I got on the road when I noticed the bike computer that was mounted to my bike was missing. I’ll have to replace that when I’m in LA, but at least it was only a cheap 6 year old odometer and not my bike. 48 beautifully flat miles today brought me to Leo Carrillo State Beach just north of Malibu. So far one other person is here whom is a military veteran that’s on his last tour after having logged over 100,000 miles. Interesting guy to say the least. Early to bed tonight as I’m looking forward to that LA welcome sign in the morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment