May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Day 14 - Denmark, OR to Gold Beach, OR


The ride today was the tale of the two Oregons I have come to know. The morning ride was gorgeous, sunny, and on country backroads. That was followed by the rolling out of some less desirable conditions coming at me one at a time. The road turned stressful by late morning, followed by cold coastal winds, and finally as I had made it a shade over 40 miles into Gold Beach the cold rain began. The next campground, aside from the one in this town, was 30 miles away in Brookings. I didn’t have that in me today especially with the weather having rapidly turned on me. I’ll be in California tomorrow either way, so it was a good day to set up camp early then bike back to town for a real dinner. I’m super pumped to break into the home state tomorrow! A plethora of coastal miles to pedal there and it’s about time I start researching the areas washed out by mudslides to route accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment