May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Day 15 - Gold Beach, OR to Crescent City, CA


Home sweet home! Sort of...I’m way up North here in Crescent City after crossing the state border this afternoon. There’s a buy-in of around 3000 feet of elevation to enter California from Oregon, but it levels out at the border for a smooth ride into the state’s first major town. I’ve now cycled 837 miles since leaving Vancouver. Who needs a car, right? Here in town there was one camping option at an RV Park that was asking $45 for a tent site. I’m good paying the extra 10 for a motel as that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. I was able to get my laundry done and restock the pannier pantry to prepare for some long stretches between towns that lay ahead. Now time to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment