May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 49 [Tallahassee, FL]


I made it to the Capital of Florida today, and to my host's house.  Edo is busy tonight with final exams and his girlfriend's graduation, but still was nice enough to let me hang out at his apartment.  He'll be showing me around town tomorrow morning before I head out.  This will likely lead to a late start and I may be riding well into the evening tomorrow.  Maybe it'll be time for my first "night biking" of the trip.  St. Augustine is fast approaching!  The miles are melting away and I believe I'm somewhere around 300 miles from my finish line.  In other news I managed to fall off my bike for the first time today.  I was pulling into a gas station and what looked like a light dusting of sand turned out to be about three inches of it.  Took it at an angle and this brought the whole ship down with my elbow taking all of the impact.  I think my pride was hurt more than my arm, as I wasn't too happy about how many saw the accident.  I proceeded to have an adult temper-tantrum, throwing my helmet to the ground and kicking it the rest of the way to the storefront.  Oh well, at least I made it back into the Eastern Timezone.  

1 comment:

  1. Respect the helmet it serves you well.
    How's the arm doing?

    ReplyDelete