May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 48 [Marianna, FL]


My love affair with US-90 continued today, as it will for the next couple of days.  The views you get are pretty much consistent with what you see above.  Miles and miles of grass and pine trees, with your occasional river or creek.  Moderate sized towns are sprinkled in about every 10 miles, too.  Throughout Florida route 90 has graciously given me a nice four foot wide shoulder to work with.  I wish all the roads I've been on were this bike-friendly!  I'll be spending my last night in Central Time tonight, and breaking into EST will be the second to last major milestone of my trip (the final being the Atlantic Ocean, of course).  I'm excited to reach the finish line, but at the same time can foresee a quick onset of nostalgia upon completion.  At least I'll always be able to look back at this blog and relive it from time to time.  It makes me extremely happy that I chronicled it all like this.  Tomorrow night I get another free place to stay, this time in Tallahassee - right near Florida State's campus.    

No comments:

Post a Comment