May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day 47 [DeFuniak Springs, FL]

Above is a map of the remaining miles I have to ride to reach the Atlantic.  425 more to be exact.  Today was supposed to be long, about 90 miles.  However, as my host was dropping me off back on route, she decided that it wasn't safe for me.  There were too many cars here, and as a mother she couldn't allow me to be dropped off in such a location.  She ended up driving me about 20 miles, until US 90 turned into a one lane road and the amount of cars dwindled.  Hey, I'm not complaining.  70 miles is still plenty of pedaling, even if it is on relatively flat roads.  Tomorrow I begin map 7 of 7 of the Southern Tier route.  At this point I plan to make it to St. Augustine in seven days or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment