May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Friday, April 20, 2012

Day 42 [Easleyville, LA]



Well today was just incredible for me in more ways than one.  First of all the ride was super easy, smooth sailing with only the faintest of winds.  Another reason why today was great was me breaking the double-millennial mark in miles pedaled for the trip.  Best of all, I met a group of three cross-country cyclists last night at the campground that are going my direction.  A dude and two chicks from Colorado, who since entering Louisiana have had an RV following them driven by one of their grandparents.  The RV is only going to the Louisiana state line, then after that they are back on their own, unsupported.  We decided to ride together for a little while once their support departs.  We exchanged phone numbers and figured we'd probably meet up somewhere in Mississippi.  It'll be fun to have some company for once!  They'll also help me go further every day, as they left over 10 days after me and have caught up.  On my ride today, I bumped into another rider heading west and he let me know that the gas station here in Easleyville lets you camp behind it for free.  That saved me $15 bucks, as I was going to camp at a paid campground here in town.  I may still head over there this evening to sneak a shower, though.  

1 comment:

  1. Great shot of the bridge. I don't recall ever seeing a bridge like that with only TWO lanes. What time of day was that taken with NO cars traveling on it!! Still thankful there was a bike lane :-)

    ReplyDelete