May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 41 [New Roads, LA]


A nice and easy day for me today aside from the flat tire I got only a few miles from my destination.  I was on the same old flat Louisiana roads that I've been traveling on, and thankful for them.  Here in New Roads I found an RV park/Boat launch place to camp at.  They usually charge $10 to camp, but they waived the fee for me presumably due to my awesomeness.  The first thing I did after setting up my tent was run, not walk, to the shower.  I'd built up quite a stink between yesterday and today, and it's a great feeling to get clean again.  I'm now relaxing in my tent, which is sitting right by the lake, and planning out tomorrow's ride as the sun sets.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the sign. Pretty darn creative

    What a life with waterfront accommodations and showers. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete