May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Friday, June 1, 2018

Day 28 - Morro Bay to Lompoc, CA


I cut inland today off of the coast and into the sweltering farmland. I was stuck in long sleeves for much of the day because it’s been too cold for short sleeves and my arms are way behind my legs on the funny cyclist tan. It’s seems it’s time to start strategically working in the upper body tan so I don’t look like a lobster when I begin heading east. Other than the heat it was pretty smooth sailing 76 miles into Lompoc today. I’m finally back into the land of cell phone service after it had been super spotty for the entire California coast. It’s nice be able to stream podcasts again instead of having to plan around free WiFi places. Terrible RV Park tonight with no running water except for in the showers that closed before I arrived. There are two pairs of touring cyclists here so atleast some company. Tomorrow I’ll be up early trying to beat the heat and make it as close to Santa Monica as possible. Super excited to be in LA in a couple of days! I’ve never been there and there’s much I want to see so a rest day or two is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment