May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Monday, May 7, 2018

Day 7 - Toledo, WA to Cathlamet, WA


42 miles gingerly ridden today and 40ish more to go to Astoria. The beautiful state of Washington has almost been conquered! I have a ridiculous view of the Columbia River from my campsite tonight. Above is a massive logging ship that passed by earlier, and I’m told by my neighbor here in camp that if it were loaded the red part of the boat would be fully submerged. Aside from barges you can also spot seals and other wildlife out on the river. It’s a real nice spot to spend my final night in Washington. From what I’ve been hearing this state was my warmup ride and shit’s about to get real on the Oregon Coast. I’m really hoping that the knee will cooperate and be ready for the challenge after the Wednesday rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment