May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Day 22 - Little River to Fort Ross, CA



70 more miles of cold coastal scenery ridden today as I broke into Sonoma County. Not much to report on, mostly a lot of head down, grind it out kind of action. The highlight of my day came in Elk, CA when I stopped about 15 miles in for breakfast at Queenie’s diner. I may of just been starving (I usually am these days) but it was one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had. It’s probably just the starving thing and the fact that breakfast is typically a caffeine pill and one of those peanut-butter filled cheddar cracker packs you remember from childhood. I’ve discovered on this trip how cheap and efficient those guys are. Camping out tonight in Stillwater Cove County Park. Hard to believe San Fran is only 100 miles down the road from here!


No comments:

Post a Comment