May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Day 2 - Birch Bay, WA to Anacortes, Wa


Today ended up being a pretty early test of will after starting off smoothly.  In making every effort to avoid getting stuck with the rest of the bill for last night’s campsite I was packed up and back on the road by 7am this morning.  By 9:30 I had made it 25 miles into Bellingham. I hadn’t had anything for breakfast and was starving by then.  I ended up raiding a grocery store for a chicken samosa, two donuts, and a cup of coffee.  One of the perks to bike touring is throwing calories straight out the window because the furnace is hot, and anything will burn.  Following breakfast/lunch I pushed on into 15 miles of rolling hills, spending much of this time alternating between 5mph and 25mph.  Pretty views helped ease the burden as I traveled along the Puget Sound.  I unfortunately had my right knee start chirping a bit later in the day so I’ll need to make sure to monitor that. All in all it was a 64 mile day that brought me into Deception Pass State Park for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment