May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 26 [Sanderson, TX]

Marathon's nightlife wasn't exactly crowded considering the town only has a few hundred residents, but they did have one place open for me to watch the Final Four games at.  A Texas-style saloon with peanuts all over the floor.  I had a fun time there and a pretty good slumber in my adobe dwelling upon returning to the hostel. This morning I was still half asleep and in search of coffee when a pit bull ran out of someone's yard and started to chase me.  Usually I don't even bother to flinch when I see a dog chasing me, but a pit bull has a way of getting your attention.  The bastard put a nice big bite into one of my rear panniers before leaving me alone.  I repeatedly tried kicking it in it's over sized, fat skull thankfully missing because who knows how much that may have pissed it off.  I'm just grateful the pannier received the injury over my leg.  Then about about 20 miles into my ride today I saw the unthinkable:  a pretty girl doing a cross-country ride!  We stopped and chatted for a little while, but of course she was headed the opposite direction of me - name's Miranda just in case she happens to stumble upon this blog.  Tonight my accommodations are once again in my tent, in the lovely Canyon RV Park here in town.  According to the other cyclists I've spoken to, tomorrow and probably the next day are going to suck something awful so I'd better rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment