May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 4 [El Centro, CA]

 All the work that I've done the past three days was released today like a wound-up toy car.  This is a picture of the start of what would be a 10 mile long descent down the other side of the mountain.  It felt unbelievable. It pretty much made the last three days worth it just to not have to pedal for 10 free and fast miles.  My only gripe?  I had to pull over a few times because my hands got sore from giving the brakes plenty of lovin'.  In the end it all added up to a 55 mile day.  Here in El Centro I did a couple of things.  First and foremost I ate at the In-N-Out Burger right next to my motel.  They are only in California, and I am nearly out of California.  When in Rome, right?  Secondly, I stopped by the bike shop and swapped out my seat for a more comfortable one.  I am sick and tired of peeling my old seat out of my crack every time I dismount.  The best news is that I am feeling better, and hopefully won't need any drugs to heal me up.  Tomorrow is a short day, about 20 miles into the small town of Brawley.  I have to chop it up this way because the day after that is a 65 mile ride to Palo Verde, CA.  There are absolutely no services in between Brawley and Palo Verde, so I need to pack a ton of water.  

5 comments:

  1. Go Adam! Just started following, fantastic trip so far - - you write real good-like! Keep the pics commin and good luck! -Dennis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Dennis. No old gas stations so far sadly.

      Delete
  2. I wholehardley agree about the writing. Enjoying your journal. In fact I look forward to the account of your day's events. Soooo glad you made it up and down that mountain. An incredible feat. You deserve to be very proud of your accomplishments.

    Enjoy today's ride.

    Love,

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ate at In and Out! Hooray! P.S. Glad youre feeling better Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ate at In and Out! Hooray! P.S. Glad youre feeling better Adam!

    ReplyDelete