May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 17 [Lordsburg, NM]

What a day!  I'm in New Mexico now, my third state and the very first timezone change.  It was a beautiful ride today as the weather was back in the 70's and the shoulder of the highway was very clean (at least when I got into NM it was).  I ran into a couple riding a tandem bike on I-10 that was also traveling across country.  I chatted and rode with them for almost an hour until they took a break for lunch.  Very interesting couple, and talking to them certainly made the time go faster.  It's not too late for one of you to fly out and ride with me, you could still get in 3/4 of a cross country ride if you left now!  I'm spending the night at a way overpriced KOA that has an asshole at the front desk.  These places are sinfully expensive compared to my beloved RV parks.  The other problem with them is that you never meet the fun and interesting people here.  You meet them at the RV parks in the middle of nowhere.  The next two days will each be 60 mile days, and I have cheap campsites picked out for both days.  Sunday I'll be in El Paso, Texas and hopefully staying with a friend from college.  That reminds me, I need to call and give her the heads up.  Until tomorrow, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You found out first hand about the lows of Arizona. Temperature that is. Their high temps are just as brutal in the reverse. Hooray, another milestone. Loved the "0" star with the "5" star view.

    ReplyDelete