May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 12 [Picacho, AZ]

Look at this cool guy
 I woke up in my crack motel this morning, loaded all my gear onto the bike, and then discovered that my rear tire was flat as I was rolling it out of the room.  Now, I've never changed a tire myself, and in fact had only seen it partially done once by my brother.  It took me about 30 minutes to replace the tube, get the bike back together, and watch the YouTube video that explained how to change a flat.  It was a fairly easy fix and I was lucky to have it happen at a motel rather than on the road.  I'm 70 miles out from Tucson, but my host there isn't expecting me until Thursday so I decided to make it a short ride today; 20 miles to the town of Picacho (Pikachu!?!).  The only thing in town was a KOA, but it was reasonably priced compared to the last KOA I checked out.  I had my campsite all set up by 2pm, and now I'm just hanging out until the little restaurant here opens for the evening.  Time to go watch the final episode of Game of Thrones season one.

2 comments:

  1. You are most certainly a cool dude. How is your ankle?
    A chance to really check the comfort and warmth of the "cat's meow" tonight. I know first hand what you meant about sleeping in the bag rather than the motel bed. One night corporate travel booked me in such a bad hotel in New Jersey. I put towels on the bed and slept in my clothes. Hi five to Elaine from me.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ankle is okay...it hurts more to walk than to pedal. I've been fine during the rides, only when I dismount the bike and walk around do I feel it.

    ReplyDelete