May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 1 (for real this time) [Alpine, CA]

Still a bit sick, but managed to get the journey underway today.  I left my new buddy Marty's house at 9am today and managed to make it 40 miles inland from Ocean Beach and rose about 2000 feet in elevation.  Stopped in a town called Alpine even though I wasn't spent for the day because the next 15 miles of my route climbs another 2000 feet of elevation.  Tomorrow night I plan on sleeping at a campground about 35 miles East of here.  Not too much interesting stuff to report today, just me pedaling my ass off and trying to think of a name for my bike (suggestions?).  I did manage to snap a bunch of photos of me and her standing in the Pacific Ocean before I set off.  Notice my hair, which hasn't been this short since I was like 10 years old.

1 comment: