May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day 40 - Cedar City, UT to Milford, UT


I am finally back in the saddle today and have ridden 57 miles into Milford, Utah. The few days of rest felt fantastic. I car camped down old fire roads while exploring the Grand Canyon North and South Rims as well as Zion National Park. Then I got two real nights of rest in a motel. The drive around the Grand Canyon was a highlight of the trip as it’s so majestic it looks like another planet. Right now I’m sitting around Milford waiting for a few degrees to fall off the 100 degree temperature before I roll on and ride until sunset. The next 85 miles are void of any water stops all the way until Baker, NV. I have no way of keeping water even close to cold for that amount of miles in this heat so I’ll be trying to chip away 30 or 40 tonight and let the overnight low in the 50’s cool the water supply down enough to finish the ride in the morning. I’m off to overload the bike with water and food.


No comments:

Post a Comment