May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Day 38 - Peach Springs to Ash Fork, AZ


After an iffy night of sleep last night due to the trains I woke around 5:30 and just decided to start packing up. It was cool enough that I was able to wear long sleeves for the first couple of hours instead of slapping on the sunscreen first thing. Steady northwest winds blew me backwards and sideways all day, but they did seem to keep the air cooler. Just a little ways east left to go before I cut north tomorrow so I wouldn’t mind if those winds stuck around. I did manage to get plunked in the face twice today first by a tumbleweed (ouch) and then by a large moth. Even with the early start I called it quits at 62 miles as I couldn’t keep any kind of respectable pace. I found an RV Park here that let me use their non-public washing machine to clean the clothes I haven’t been able to wash since I was in LA. Time to go finish laundry before I ride back into town for some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment