May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 9 [Wickenburg, AZ]


Wow, I don't even know what to write about today!  Arizona has just been perfect so far.  You'd be hard pressed to find one thing to complain about when it comes to riding your bike here.  There are no clouds in the sky, the shoulders are wide, and there is an abundance of roadside shrubbery to pee on.  I chugged along another 55 miles today on Arizona's flat and desolate Route 60.  I suppose the most exciting news for today is that I have finally settled on a name for my bronze Trek.  It was the first name that jumped into my head a week ago in San Diego, and I figured I'd give it a week or so to see if I could think of anything I liked better.  Well I haven't so I decided to stick with: (drum roll)......"Fiona".  Don't ask me why, all I can tell you is that's what she wants to be called.  So we can all go ahead and move on with our lives now since that monumental decision has been settled.  Tomorrow I'll be in Phoenix.  Hopefully I'll have a place to stay by the time I get there.  I also have decided to take a well deserved rest day in Phoenix, so don't think I'm dead if I don't update this for a couple of days!  As for tonight I have my tent set up in the Aztec RV Park, which is across the street from the McDonald's that I am typing this from right now.  It dawned on me today that I've yet to show any pictures of my campsites, so without further ado, my home away from home.

1 comment:

  1. 1. So you finally got your nuggets! The next step is to create your nugget meter! Are you only up to 20 so far?
    2. Fiona? Hah, cute. Isn't that one of the disney princesses names? Im not sure but ill find out for you.
    3. Stay safe, be awesome, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete