May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 7 [Blythe, CA]

The legs were totally gassed when I woke up.  I struggled tremendously to make it 22 miles to the next town today.  The headwinds didn't help either, and I could only manage about an 8 mph pace.  The scenery, however, was awesome as I rode through mostly farmlands.  I stopped and took a picture of a white dog herding his sheep.  This stretch of road was pretty car free, in fact I think there were more tractors driving around than anything else.  After annihilating a Pizza Hut buffet I checked into a Days Inn so I could take a hot bath, stretch, and update the blog.  Tomorrow is going to be a major milestone for me as I break through my first state border and enter into Arizona.  It blows my mind that I will be in Phoenix in just four or five days!   

No comments:

Post a Comment