May 1st - July 7th, 2018 | 3,xxx miles (Pacific Coast to Grand Canyon to Lake Tahoe, CA)

March 2nd - May 2nd, 2012 | 2,780 miles (San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL)

Friday, February 10, 2012

Road Trippin' to Healdsburg, CA

So it's 4am and I wish I had just woken up, but in reality that came about two hours ago.  Overwhelming excitement with a dash of nervousness is what I am feeling right now.  I've been waiting for this day for six months now.  Originally I had planned on flying out to California to begin my bicycle tour, but luckily my brother purchased my uncles old truck and so I will be transporting it to him.  There is something undeniably practical about driving a 7.5L 460hp F-250 3,000 miles across the country.  Despite the fuel economy, I'm sure I will enjoy seeing another section of America that I will miss out on during the bike portion of my trip.  As of now I plan on passing through Columbus, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Denver, Salt Lake City, and Reno...just to name a few of the larger cities.  The plan for today is to hit Indy by the evening, which should take about 9 1/2 hours or so.  As much as I want to rush through the driving and begin the bike tour, I may slow it down a little bit to snap a few photos and whatnot in some of the cities that I fancy.

Update:  Made it!  Drove all day and through some nasty weather.  Finally got in around 9pm and drove by the Colt's stadium before finding a nice Walmart parking lot to get some rest in.

1 comment: